He's been at it again. Max Thomas, ever on a quest to improve his and everyone else's game, has come up with a Shooting Practise Boule Return Machine.
Carefully crafted & engineered from fine ply, high class Aluminium, the very best in PVC tubing and high intensity elasticized rubber, the compact-and foldable device set's up in a matter of minutes.
Not only providing the machine, and although Max does not pretend to have any expertise in shooting technique, there are some similarities common to other sports that are worth noting.
- The stance maintains the shooter’s centre of gravity throughout the action.
- The left arm is behind the shooter as a counter-balance, limiting the forward momentum created by the right arm swing.
- The throwing side (right) foot is forward. This would limit overbalancing and consequent dropping of the throwing arm during the swinging action.
- Eyes remain focused on the target and head movement is minimal but then only in the vertical plane.
- The throwing hand is palm-up at the point of release. This is a more natural hand action for bowling and would tend to avoid unwanted sideways wrist movement.
Don't hesitate to utilise the device or the advise. Let Max know how you go.......