9. Property can get expensive. Large Dzongs are a mix of palace, temple and administration.
10. Religion is fundamental. They must have been to Qld. Here it’s the The Big Buddha.
11. Flags fly high, our tour leaders at 12,000 feet. Many wear traditional outfits every day.
12. Kids stop you to chat. They learn English from age 5. Education is free, even university.
13. Buddhism is part of life. Healthy nuns do yoga. Even vegetables are self-sufficient!
15. Population of Bhutan, 750,000. Half must be here, dressed up for their annual festival.
16. Delightful countryside. Like Switzerland but with Tibetan architecture."